Who we are:
Tom & Shannon founded Long Beach Coffee & Tea in 2018 with the vision of creating change worldwide through coffee sales, specifically for the transgender youth community and LGBTQ rights. Both leaving their technology careers behind, they decided to form something that better aligned with their passion. With a humble coffee shop in downtown Long Beach, CA we have built a roasting and distribution facility to engage customers worldwide. Our Roaster uses zero emissions and will use renewable energy once we build our final roasting facility. Our coffee is sources ethically and each bean has a story we are positive you will appreciate.
What your subscription supports:
· Creating a transgender youth crisis and educational center in Long Beach open to anyone in the world.
· Support the decriminalization of LGBTQ+ world-wide
· Challenge legislation that discriminates against LGBTQ+
How we plan to do this:
· Allocate 20% of our coffee subscription sales to the transgender youth crisis center non-profit foundation
· Educate the public on legislations affecting LGBTQ rights across the country.
· In at least 76 countries, discriminatory laws criminalize same-sex relationships, exposing millions of individuals to the risk of arrest, prosecution and imprisonment – and in at least five countries, the death penalty. We want to fight this.
· The suicide attempt rate amongst transgender people is 41%, which is more than 25 times the rate of the general population.
· Based on a national survey conducted by GLSEN 75% of transgender youth feel unsafe at school, had significantly lower GPAs and were more likely to miss school out of concern for their safety, and were less likely to plan on continuing their education.
· About 19% of transgender people reported being denied medical care due to their gender-nonconforming status
Choose a subscription to our coffee or simply purchase a bag. Once you subscribe, we will roast your coffee and ship directly to you at no additional cost. Keep in mind that subscriptions take two weeks to commence.